Jaclyn
Angelika Film Center & Cafe

Rome

Best neighborhood to stay in

Hi all!

What is your favorite neighborhood to stay in when in Rome? Thinking about renting an apartment in Trastevere but would love to hear other suggestions.

Thank you!

Carlotta from Milan, Italy

Piazza Navona is definitely the best! We stayed there and it was really close to everything, you can just go walking to every point of the city and during the night its a very nice place.

1. Piazza Navona (attraction)

Steve

I stayed out off of the metro A line Furio Camillo stop. I believe the hotel name was Romoli Hotel. I liked this stay, because it was out in the suburbs. There were archeological sites on the walk from the metro stop. Right acrossed the street there was a large park, Parco della Caffarella. With a lot of interesting places. Spring used since ancient roman times, aqueduct, one of the old trade roads and a layover site were all in the park. I liked it, it was a bit of rough neighborhood, but I appreciate seeing how people in the country I visit live. I felt like I got that and more. Plus with the nearby metro station. It was quick and easy to get into the city center. Although the metro stop was about 8-10 block from my hotel. It was a memorable place to stay.

1. Romoli Hotel (hotel)
  2. Parco della Caffarella (attraction)

Luis from Los Angeles, California

Trastevere is a great neighborhood, really charming and has some great hidden gem restaurants. I stayed in Campo de' Fiori, right over the bridge from Trastevere, and it was great, so close to all the nightlife and all the sights are within walking distance, plus the open air farmers market is right in the square every morning!

1. Trastevere (neighborhood)
  2. Campo de' Fiori (attraction)

Francesco from Francavilla Fontana

Dear Jaclyn,

I have two friends in Rome that rent apartments in a lot of neighborhoods, also in Trastevere. You can look at them here to see if these places are fine for you:

STEFANO: http://mysuiterome.com/

PAOLO: http://www.rhomelidays.it

I think that Trastevere is a nice neighborhood but I lived in Testacciofor 5 years and I can say that is really nice, because there are shops, markets and restaurants filled with locals.

Francesco

Fontana Delle Anfore (Testaccio) Piazza Testaccio

1. Trastevere (neighborhood)
  2. Testaccio (attraction)
  3. Piazza Testaccio (attraction)

Kristina from Los Angeles

I agree with Luis Sanabria - Trastevere is the most beautiful area to walk around (near the Tiber river fair which you must go to) and has the best food in all of Roma. If you can, stay at Hotel Santa Maria they have lovely rooms, a great breakfast thats included, and a courtyard where you can relax. I believe they also have bikes that you can rent to ride around! 

1. Hotel Santa Maria (hotel)