Igor
Rio de Janeiro

Rome

A good hotel to stay in Rome for up to 60 Euros daily?

The prices of accommodation in Rome are not very friendly. Does anyone know a good hotel with approximate price of 60 euros / daily with private bathroom? Mission impossible?

Jen from Sydney

Hi Igor 

Hotel Mosaic is a nice place. This isn't a hotel, more of a hostel but it has private rooms with private bathrooms. Clean, comfortable and modern. It's not noisy and it's just a few minutes walk from the Termini. From memory I think I paid 55 euros for a double room. 

Hope this helps 

Cheers 

Jen

1. Hotel Mosaic (hotel)

Renate from San Francisco Bay Area

Hi, Igor,

No, it is not impossible but it may mean staying in a convent! One time, I decided to take a spontaneous trip to RomeRome and sent a last-minute request for a room to Suore di Santa Elisabetta just a block or so away from The Papal Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore This was in 2012 and was 50 euros a night. There was a curfew and the room was very simple but I did notice single travellers, couples, and families there. They have a terrazza with an almost 360-degree view of Rome. Check it out!

Ciao!

Renate

2. Suore di Santa Elisabetta (hotel)
  3. The Papal Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore (attraction)