Jordan
Bournemouth

Rome

3 nights in Rome for girlfriends birthday, let's make is special!

Hiya guys, 

I have helped a close friend of mine arrange for a 3 night stay in Rome, Italy to celebrate his girlfriends birthday in August. It is a surprise holiday and somewhere she has always wanted to experience. I'd love to hear your recommendations on where to go, what to see, where to eat etc. 

He is staying in Ponte, so accommodation is sorted. Budget is irrelevant as if something is a 'must do', then it can be done. They are both fitness fanatics so walking everywhere will certainly not be a challenge and they love good walks. 

Thank you in advance and I can't wait to hear any suggestions!

Ciao, 

Jordan. 

Paul from Dublin

Given the occasion and that budget is not a constraint then they have to dine at La Pergola. It's the only Michelin 3-star restaurant in Rome and is a fantastic experience. The restaurant has an amazing terrace on a hill overlooking Rome. It is one of the most romantic places I've ever dined at. I defy anybody not to be amazed by it. The food is fantastic and the service is on point without ever making you feel uncomfortable. A fabulous treat that will not be forgotten.

1. La Pergola (restaurant)

Jeff from Portland

If they enjoy cocktails, for sure go to Jerry Thomas Speakeasy . It opens late but is absolutely fantastic if you enjoy craft cocktails. For really good, cheap lunch, check out the pizzas at Dar Poeta . It is very simple, sit outside, try a few different kinds with a beer or 3. Just a nice experience. for high-end dining La Pergola or Il Pagliaccio are fantastic options and priced for that experience.

I love the walk from the Colosseum to Vatican City , it pretty much cuts through or by everything. The Pantheon is still one of the most impressive buildings in my opinion. I rented a moped and drove out to the Domitilla's Catacombs which was crazy (because Roman drivers are horrible) but a lot of fun. 

1. Jerry Thomas Speakeasy (restaurant)
  2. Dar Poeta (restaurant)
  3. La Pergola (restaurant)
  4. Il Pagliaccio (restaurant)
  5. Colosseum (attraction)
  6. Vatican City (attraction)
  7. Pantheon (attraction)
  8. Domitilla's Catacombs (attraction)