Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Rochester (New York)?

I'm going to be in Rochester (New York) next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Rochester (New York)

Ephram from Rochester (New York)

Rochester Public Market

Eastman School of Music (often free concerts by students or larger ones by professors for small fee)

Erie Canal Drive and Genesee Valley River Trail walking/hiking

Chris from Rochester (New York)

Check out some of the walls from Wall Therapy . Graffiti artists from all over the world are invited each year to create a mural on walls around the city. http://wall-therapy.com/

While you're at it, I would check out the water tanks in the woods near the Cobbs Hill Reservoir. When you get up to where the reservoir is on your left, there's a little trail in the woods down to the right. Go down the path and take your first left and then a right to go up the hill.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1394109,-77.5695188,646m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

If you want to get wet, go to the beach at Durand Eastman Park or Linear Park where there are some great wading areas.

1. Cobbs Hill Reservoir (attraction)
  2. Durand Eastman Park (attraction)
  3. Linear Park (attraction)
Roberta from Carlsbad (California)

Be sure to have a chocolate almond custard cone and a white (pork) hot. Don's Original or Schaller's Drive-In have both! iF you should go In The Spring Highland, park lilac festival is fabulous! I totally agree with the suggestions that have been made....Eastman School of Music is one of the best In The country.

1. Don's Original (restaurant)
  2. Schaller's Drive-In (restaurant)
  3. Eastman School of Music (attraction)