Andrew
Amsterdam

Rio de Janeiro, Puerto Iguazu

Two days in Rio or Iguazu Falls?

I've got two days spare in Rio following a business trip. Should I spend my time in the city, head off to see the Iguazu Falls...or something different?

Yoko

If during your business trip you don't have time to get to know the city, I would recommend staying these two days in Rio and just enjoy this marvelous city. I would suggest take a day trip to see the main sights all in one day, to avoid having to go through all the fuss of looking for the right transports etc, since all of them are a bit distant from each other. You have plenty of tours that see Cristo Redentor, Pão de Açucar, Lapa, etc all in one day. Then you still have one day to go to the Botanical Garden and enjoy Copacabana and Ipanema beach for example.

If you only have two days then stay in Rio de Janeiro.

Foz do Iguaçu is pretty far away and you will need to fly there and back and that will leave little time for exploration of the falls.

And Rio really has a lot to offer so I would stay there if I were you.

1. Rio de Janeiro (city)
  2. Foz do Iguaçu (attraction)