Nicola
Kirkcaldy, Fife

Rhodes

Places I should visit in Rhodes?

I'm going to Rhodes tomorrow for two weeks and am hiring a car so should be able to travel to anywhere on the island. Just wondering if there is anywhere I should definitely visit, or anything I just have to see.

Jordan from Bournemouth

You have to visit Rhodes old town! It's absolutely beautiful and you will get lost in all the little lanes lined with shops and restaurants. A truly memorable place. Whilst in Rhodes old town, I ate at Island Lipsi Restaurant which was great and they really went out of their way to make me superb local dishes!

Butterflies Valley Park is another must! Millions of them are their to be seen and enjoyed, surprisingly it wasn't too busy either. Very scenic, very beautiful and calming place to visit. 

But my main advice is just drive! I had a car and just drove everywhere for 2 weeks, I ended up lapping the island and going up the mountains etc. It was incredible and thanks to me doing his I ended up finding an incredible kite surfing spot, where I had some of the best seafood I've ever eaten, jumping in the sea at the side of the road just becase it was "the bluest sea i'd ever seen" and I had lunch with a priest in a very small town (about 10 people population) halfway up a mountain!

It's an incredible island to just loose yourself on! Enjoy! 

1. Island Lipsi Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Butterflies Valley Park (attraction)

Andreas

Hi from Rhodes. Are you gonna be here tomorrow? Are you gonna rent a car? 

Rosie from Houston

The Valley of the Butterflies (or Petaloudes) is an amazing, absolutely beautiful place. Also try to see the Municipal Museum of Modern Greek Art for sure.  It's one of my favorites!

1. The Valley of the Butterflies (attraction)
  2. Municipal Museum of Modern Greek Art (attraction)