Lise
Huntsville

Lise from Huntsville asked

Is it worth the drive

Hello fellow travelers. Since flying has been difficult these days I am looking at doing a road trip from Alabama to Rhode Island, stopping in Pa. to see my son for a few days. This would be in the month of August to get away from our very uncomfortable hot summer.
How does it look out there for driving that long of a distance? What about hotels along the way which I normally book but not knowing when I will stop will just try to wing it. Will that be a problem? I am going to try to make it in 2 days. I heard through my travel agent the states in the North do not want visitors but that may have been for flying in. I am very healthy so have no issues with that. I normally take at least 3 trips a year that involve flying but since that has been an issue with the Covid they have all been canceled. I am itching to go somewhere and since I have not been to R.I. would like to try to visit there. Thanks for any input.

Rhode Island

2 days is not enough time. We love visitors anytime. I am staying in Michigan for the summer and wonder why more people do not travel North. The map wants you to drive towards Atlanta, GA. Then towards Durham, NC. To I-95N to RI. I always use Hotwire.com and make reservations on the Road. Safe travels.

Lise
Thank you for taking the time to answer this. I am getting mixed messages from my travel agent that some places do not want vacationers coming into their state and even want you to be quarantined for 14 days after arriving. i have not talked to anyone here that has traveled out of the state for vacation.