Kait

Reykjavik

Visiting Iceland in mid March solo

First time visiting Iceland and also going solo. I want to explore as much as I can and would love the see the norther lights. What are some good group tours to join and does it matter to book early or wait till I'm there? Also plan to drive the Golden Circle, tips? Any advice is much appreciated :)

Chryssa from Copenhagen

Hello Kait, Iceland is a great choice! Extremely nice views and unique things to do :)

For tours starting from Reykjavik take a look here:

http://www.tourboks.com/en/iceland/reykjavak/index.html?order=0&view_type=0 

Or explore all tours in Iceland provided by Tourboks

You will find the famous Golden Cirle Tour, Glacier Hikes (where you really need an expert with you and equipment), Ice caving experiences, Northern Lights Hunt, Superjeep tours starting from Reykjavik Akureyri or Skaftafell National Parkall in one place :)

FYI i am working for Tourboks so if you need any recommendation or further help let me know ;)

1. Iceland (country)
  2. Reykjavik (city)
  3. Akureyri (attraction)
  4. Skaftafell National Park (attraction)

Breanna from Los Angeles

I did Iceland last March solo :) I would recommend Kex Hostel - it's a cool hostel with live music, a bar and on-site barber and it's a great place to make some friends. I went through Discover Iceland 4x4 SuperJeep Tours for my tours - the Golden Circle and the South Coast & Eyjafjallajokull Volcano tours. Both were awesome. They're a bit more expensive because they're more private, it's you and 4 other people plus the guide in a Super Jeep but they take you to some amazing off-road places that the bus tours could never do(like the plane crashed in the black sand below). Try to see the Northern Lights the first night that you're there just in case they aren't visible. That way you can try each night after as well if you need to. Hit up my friends at Wake Up Reykjavík - they do bar crawls around town. I did one with them and it was my favorite night out - tell Dan and Gilli I sent you! Plan some of the bigger day trips ahead of time so that you don't risk them being sold out and leave some of the smaller activities to be planned spur of the moment :) Eat a hot dog for me when you go!!

1. Kex Hostel (hotel)
  2. Discover Iceland 4x4 SuperJeep Tours (attraction)
  3. Wake Up Reykjavík (attraction)

Tessa from Atlanta

I highly recommend Jonas of http://www.goecco.com/ for a great adventure!