Kim

Kim asked

Renting car

We will be flying into Munich and then traveling thru the north and central regions of Italy (Venice, Florence, Rome, Pisa...). Very unsure of the extra charges we will be facing for the car rental. Is there a company that will tell me exactly what I will be paying without any hidden charges? 

Iris from Dublin

Hi Kim,

Actually a lot depends on the dates you are going to rent a car and if you want to rent one car in Munich and travel to Italy and all over Italy by that car or you want to rent different cars in Germany and Italy. I've been using Rental24h for my last 3 trips. And I advise you to write to their customer support and ask everything you want.

When I first rented a car, I didn't know much and they helped me a lot. I recommend you to ask about such issues: cross border, Excess fee, Excess fee insurance, full coverage insurance, mileage, GPS (if needed), child seats (if you are traveling with kids), additional driver (if you want two or more people to drive the car), etc. Make sure if the following options are included or not and if not, how much you will have to pay for them at the rental desk.

1. Munich (city)
  2. Germany (attraction)
  3. Italy (country)
Carolina

I have rented a car from florencia to trieste with a very famous company. And went to a car rental office in liubliana 'cause I wanted to rent a car to go to Zagreb. It depends in wich kind of car you are interested, if you want some extras as wifi and gps (that i highly reccomend), baby seat... All of that increases the cost. They will tell you at the very moment what the cost will be. If you return the car in another country it will get really nasty! They usually charge you a lot. But they' ll tell you at the very time you are renting it. You have to look for.the highway taxes and the gasoline. Those are some extras that you have to look upon.

Carolina

One thing I noticed is that the price in the same company varies in different countries. For example in Italy was more expensive than liubliana.