Angie
San Antonio

Reno

Dog-friendly hotels in Reno?

I’ve got a bachelorette party in Reno coming up and I’m thinking of bringing my pooch because I HATE leaving him at home! Can someone please recommend some good dog-friendly hotels? I stayed at an awesome pet-friendly Kimpton once in San Francisco and am hoping to find the same in Reno!

Stephen from Reno

The Atlantis Hotel Casino changed their policies to prohibit pets.  They had the most-liberal and pet-welcoming policies before the change, and many old web sites, references and reviews are outdated. By contrast, the Grand Sierra Resort & Casino posts their pet policy in the FAQ on their website, and they welcome dogs (although for a fee and with room selection restrictions). Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, like the downtown hotels, permits service dogs only.   John Ascuaga's Nugget in Sparks (next door to Reno) encourages pet owners to stay there.  Added fees are required ranging from $20 to $50 per night, and there are of course room selection restrictions in all cases.  Another option you might consider is doggie day care (or even overnight care).  We use Fantasia Pet Resort, a luxury overnight and day-care accommodation for dogs, with two locations in the Reno area, open seven days a week with reasonably long hours.  You MUST have documentation of current vaccinations in order to check in.  The South Reno location has four suites complete with television and filtered running water, as well as many conventional (standard) "guest rooms" with an indoor section and an outdoor run.  The owners and all the staff are themselves dog owners and dog-lovers. You should book as far in advance as possible.

1. Grand Sierra Resort & Casino (hotel)
  2. Peppermill Resort Spa Casino (attraction)
  3. John Ascuaga's Nugget (hotel)
  4. Fantasia Pet Resort (attraction)