Regina

What's the best neighborhood in Regina for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Regina and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Regina is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Kim from Regina

I'm not an expert on this, but thought I'd try to give you something to go on. I've lived in Regina for over 20 years.

We have a few hotels downtown and everything else is either on the east side along Victoria Avenue or in the south end along Albert Street. Regina Downtown will definitely give you a better sense of Regina.

If you like history and elegance, Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina is your place. This is where royalty and other famous people stay when they're here. It's also across the street from Victoria Park, and close to the plaza and Scarth Street which are great features of downtown Regina.

Delta Regina is very close to shopping (Cornwall Centre) and Casino Regina in the old Union Train Station. Also pretty close to the spots mentioned above. You can get a great view of the city from this hotel.

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina has been renovated recently. It's restaurant, Wild Sage Kitchen & Bar Regina, uses "locally-sourced ingredients." This hotel is on the edge of downtown so it's further from the park, plaza, and shopping. 

1. Regina Downtown (attraction)
  2. Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina (hotel)
  3. Victoria Park (attraction)
  4. Delta Regina (hotel)
  5. Cornwall Centre (attraction)
  6. Casino Regina (attraction)
  7. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina (restaurant)
  8. Wild Sage Kitchen & Bar Regina (restaurant)