David
Milwaukee

David from Milwaukee asked

Reasonable hotels

I have to be in Savannah for a conference next month. Looking for a reasonable hotel with good access to public transportation.

I literally just researched hotels in Savannah for a trip I took in March and while I was there researched the other hotels I didn't choose so I'd have some resources for a second trip. See what you think of these--
  • The Courtyard Marriott – great, clean hotel with excellent service. The stop to the public bus is just a five minute walk away. They also have an excellent staff, too. 
  • The Eliza Thompson House– lovely little B & B type hotel with excellent rates (under $200/night). Very, very centrally located, although you may have to walk a few blocks to get the bus
  • SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District– excellent hotel in the downtown area.
  • The Olgethorpe  – very, very inexpensive and very clean. Not super-snazzy but a very good value
  • The Riverstreet Inn – I’m not a fan of anything on River Street but I love this hotel and it’s very, very close to public transportation. You can get a great room for about $150/night. 
  • Hyatt Regency Savannah– fantastic views of the water and the Talmadge Bridge (which is gorgeous, by the way). Feels more like a big city hotel than one you’d find in a small Southern town, though.