Alan asked

Best Time for ski-ing

My wife and I are in our late 50s and have always wanted to go to Europe for a white Christmas. We figure that there is not much point to Europe in winter if you can't ski. With that in mind we have decided to fly into Queenstown for a week for a few lessons a little while before our European trip. I know that they hold winter games in Queenstown every year and we would want to avoid that, but what is the best time to go?

Queenstown

Claudia from New York City
Ski season starts in June and ends in the first week of October in Queenstown. You can choose from 4 ski fields - Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Cardrona, and Treble Cone. 
The yearly winter games usually kick off around the third week of August and end in the first week of September. The best time to ski would be around August and September when Queenstown receives consistent snowfall.
Take a look at this website for more info on skiing in Queenstownhttps://www.queenstownnz.co.nz/stories/a-beginners-guide-to-skiing-queenstown/

1. Queenstown (city)