Eric
France

Quebec, Tadoussac

What to do in Tadoussac area in August ?

We'll stay 5 days in Taddoussac in August. What is the best to do within 100 miles around the city ?

Marie-Eve from Montreal

You're in Tadoussac to do some whale-watching, I'm assuming? If not, I highly recommend it, as it's the reason why most people go there in the first place. Tadoussac in itself is a great town to visit, and it will be booming with activities (and tourists) in August. You can also do all sorts of watersports (including the greatest scuba diving you can do in the province at Les Escoumins), just enquire when you arrive.

If you rent a car, there are incredible places nearby. I suggest driving along both shores of the Rivière Saguenay from Tadoussac to Chicoutimi. The fjord (don't get your hopes up, it's nothing like the Norwegian fjords, but still amazing) offers superb views at times and you will see many quaint villages (namely L'Anse-Saint-Jean on the south shore and Sainte-Rose-du-Nord on the north shore).

The Charlevoix region, south of Tadoussac is also an all-time favourite among tourists (locals and international alike). Just the drive from Tadoussac to Baie-Saint-Paul is extremely rewarding (I'm not sure, but I think it's more amazing from south to north than the other way around, but anyway, you'll have to do it both ways). Here, more than anywhere in Quebec, will you find the picture perfect villages with gorgeous backdrops. A lot of artists and craftmakers are also in the area, so there's a lot to see. A favourite place of mine in the area is Isle Aux Coudres, a small island near Baie-Saint-Paul.

Enjoy your trip!

1. Les Escoumins (attraction)
  2. Rivière Saguenay (attraction)
  3. Chicoutimi (city)
  4. L'Anse-Saint-Jean (city)
  5. Sainte-Rose-du-Nord (attraction)
  6. Baie-Saint-Paul (city)
  7. Isle Aux Coudres (island)