Shelby
Scottsdale

Punta Cana

Where is the best area to stay in Punta Cana?

A few friends and I are wanting to take a trip to Punta Cana but being it's our first time - where are the most popular areas to stay? We obviously want somewhere safe, nice and close to local attractions. Any hotels you've enjoyed? Thanks!

Breanna from Los Angeles

I just got back from Club Med Punta Cana 4 -- it's baller! Super nice and safe. There isn't much to Punta Cana itself - you go there more for the all-inclusives (I never left the resort, and never felt like I really needed to). While I was there I relaxed by the beach and their new adults-only pool, went out on their standup paddle boards, learned how to windsurf, took a Cirque du Soleil class where I learned to do the trapeze and bungee acrobatics, drank all the Prosecco I could stand, danced the night away on the beach and had a massage overlooking the water. Basically, I chilled the f*ck out. 

1. Club Med Punta Cana 4 (hotel)

Sofya from Brooklyn

Any all inclusive hotel on Punta Cana (pretty much all of them) are safe. Not many local attractions besides stuff like ATV tours, boat trips to islands, etc. which are also available to book through every hotel. Punta Cana itself isn't very large at all.

1. Punta Cana (region)