Anita
British Columbia

Punta Cana

Trying to find a nice hotel on beach front with calm waters for swimming

Family of 4 trying to find a nice all inclusive hotel on beach front with calm waters for swimming ..:)

Sherri from United States

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe is another great all-inclusive resort option.  As a travel agent I had the pleasure of touring the family friendly resort and the connected adult-only resort.  The beach was great and just as Marvin stated, the calmness of the water will depend on the weather.  The resort has 4 swimming pools and a water park for kids.

1. Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe (hotel)

Marvin from Clemson

The  Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel is a pretty good hotel with a good beach and pool. The beaches in Punta Cana are very well known worldwide, so it any hotel would have a good beach. I would safely say this hotel has calm waters, but it also depends on the day. If you do not like that hotel take a look into  Majestic Colonial Punta Cana.

1. Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel (hotel)
  2. Majestic Colonial Punta Cana (hotel)

Rhiana from New Hampshire

I stayed at the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana just a couple weeks ago and the beach was amazing! There were a lot of activities throughout the whole day. If you're a family with younger children I suggest the Majestic Colonial, but they also have a sister hotel called the Majestic Royal which is for adults. The Majestic Colonial is all inclusive and is very clean and comfortable, I would suggest taking a look!

1. Majestic Colonial Punta Cana (hotel)

Anh from San Francisco

The government invested a lot of resources into making Punta Cana the resort destination of the Dominican Republic. Many resorts are well-built, secured and beach front. The previously mentioned Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe is probably the most popular all-inclusive resort. The last time I was in Punta Cana, I stayed at the Catalonia Bavaro Beach. It was good value, good service, beach front and large. A good site to find great deals on all-inclusive vacation packages is Cheap Caribbean.

1. Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe (hotel)
  2. Catalonia Bavaro Beach (hotel)

Malui

You can stay on Barcelo Beach. There are places with good price there.

1. Barcelo Beach (attraction)