Provo

Best free things to do in Provo?

I'm going to be in Provo next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Leigh

Any of the canyons are great. My favorite ones that are free would be up Hobble Creek and the campground area is called Kelly's Grove  (in Springville one town to the south 5-10 minute drive from Provo.) Bridal Veil Falls is a great one just outside of the town in Provo/Orem . Thanksgiving Point in Lehi has museums, movie theater and lots of other stuff but they do cost money. I am in a small town north west of Provo but will be traveling to Los Angeles this next month. If I think of more I will add them for you. Good luck and safe travels. 

1. Hobble Creek (attraction)
  2. Kelly's Grove (attraction)
  3. Bridal Veil Falls (attraction)
  4. Provo (city)
  5. Orem (city)
  6. Thanksgiving Point (attraction)
  7. Lehi (city)

John

If you have a car, take the highway loop around Mount Timpanogos.  This time of year there is brilliant fall color.  Stop at Sundance Ski Resort for a bite to eat.  

Take I-15 north to Utah hiway 92, go past Alpine into the canyon where there is a small charge if you fess up to saying you will stop along the way.   You will want to stop in several places for photos.  When you get down to US 189 at the Provo River, you can turn up canyon to Deer Creek Reservoir and a take look at the Provo river as it flows across the valley.  The trout should be spawning about this time.

Continue north and turn up UT113 and drive about 4 miles to Midway, a faux Swiss village you might find diverting.  The 2002 Olympic Biathlon event was held in the canyon up from Midway.

As you go down the Provo river canyon, try to envision the water falls that are there in the spring.

Mobile