Chuck
Oakdale (Minnesota)

Providence

Best lobster spot in Providence?

My 20th college reunion is in Providence next year and I'd like to find the best place for lobster.  I used to be a vegan in college (don't ask), but now that I eat meat, I'd like to experience some really, really good, proper East Coast seafood, especially lobster because I hear it’s some of the best in the world.  Can anyone recommend the go-to good lobster place? 

Tamara from Providence

Hemenways Sea Food is the best lobster and seafood in downtown Providence.  It is a beautiful space and very pricey so if you are looking for more of a "lobster shack" type of environment, you'll need to head down toward the beach.  A more casual option for chowder/soup, clam strips and lobster rolls might be  Blount Clam Shack and Soup Bar at 371 Richmond St in Providence (but I'd opt for the soup or sandwiches -- not a huge fan of their style lobster roll).

1. Hemenways Sea Food (restaurant)
  2. Blount Clam Shack and Soup Bar (restaurant)