Lacy
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Providence

Best dinner in Providence—that also has a great atmosphere?

I'm thinking of taking a weekend trip to Providence. I'd love to hear your dinner recommendations for delicious food (any cuisine) and a great atmosphere—think Edison bulb light fixtures and good music. Thanks!

Taylor from Pennsylvania

Hey Lacy!  There are so many awesome restaurants in Providence.  Where do I even begin?  For great Italian food, head to Al Forno Restaurant.  It can be a bit pricey, but the food is wonderful.  The restaurant itself has good vibes, but is a little removed from the downtown area.  I really like the restaurant Andreas on Thayer St.  It's Greek-American style food and you feel like you're in the Mediterranean in the restaurant.  It's also right on Thayer Street which is a really happening area.  Gracie's is also really great.  The food is original and delicious and it's got a nice atmosphere.  I would also really recommend eating at The Duck and Bunny.  It is charming and the food is fabulous.  I've only ever gone for brunch and it was awesome, but I know they offer charcuterie plates and more savory style crepes at night.  It's one of my favorite Providence haunts.  For a tapas style restaurant, try Bodega Malasana.  It's small, cute and very Spanish. For some traditional tapas and some nice beer or wine head there.  For a fun, more casual vibe go to Red Stripe.  The mussels and fries, done in varying flavor combinations, are their specialty and they have good cocktails too.  That's a good list to start, but there are awesome places everywhere you turn in Providence.  You will not leave unsatisfied.  Enjoy!

1. Al Forno Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Andreas (restaurant)
  3. Gracie's (restaurant)
  4. The Duck and Bunny (restaurant)
  5. Bodega Malasana (restaurant)
  6. Red Stripe (restaurant)

Jonathan from Warwick, Rhode Island

I would recommend birch restaurant or North, both are fairly new and have received many awards. Make sure you make reservations a week, two, sometimes more in advance for birch it's a small place and very popular.

1. birch restaurant (restaurant)
  2. North (restaurant)

Cheryl from Charlestown (Rhode Island)

French restaurant is Pot au Feu. Off Weybosset Street.

1. Pot au Feu (restaurant)

david from Providence

Gracie's is best upscale food - free valet and safe prt of town downtown

1. Gracie's (restaurant)