Princeton (New Jersey)

What's the best neighborhood in Princeton (New Jersey) for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Princeton (New Jersey) and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Princeton (New Jersey) is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Ed

Really the only hotel in town is the Nassau Inn; all the other hotels are out on Route 1, where the hotels are either isolated or part of a typical NJ strip mall.  The Nassau Inn is right in the middle of the Princeton downtown, absolutely centrally located.  It is a bit old-fashioned and usually a bit expensive, but it is the only one that fits your description.  I hope that helps!

Ed

1. Nassau Inn (restaurant)

Subhash from Princeton, New Jersey

The best place to stay is Nassau Inn  - it's right in the center of town with all restaurants and university in walking distance.  

1. Nassau Inn (restaurant)