Princeton (New Jersey)

What is your favorite restaurant in Princeton (New Jersey)?

Heading to Princeton (New Jersey) and I'm looking for the best restaurants to try while I'm visiting. Open to all types of food! What are your top places to eat?

Helen

Mistral is a favorite of ours and is located right in downtown Princeton. If you have a car and would like to go a little bit outside of Princeton, One53 is another great option.  There's also a wonderful pizza place called Nomad Pizza. Couple more options are : Blue Point GrillThe Peacock Inn, and Eno Terra.

1. Mistral (restaurant)
  2. Nomad Pizza (restaurant)
  3. Blue Point Grill (restaurant)
  4. The Peacock Inn (restaurant)
  5. Eno Terra (restaurant)

Helen

I agree with Mary, Little Chef Pastry Shop is must for his croissants and scones. He usually opens around 9:15-9:30am and try to get there around that time or before 10:30. His quantity is limited and will sell out very quickly.

1. Little Chef Pastry Shop (attraction)

Mary from Nashville, Tennessee

For a casual breakfast or lunch, definitely stop by Olive's. They have just about everything you could possibly want, and it's all delicious!

Also for breakfast, try The Little Chef. The guy who runs it kind of does his own thing, so the hours aren't super regular, but it is definitely worth it for the croissants if he's in! 

For dinner, Mediterra or Teresa's are my go-tos. Mediterra has all kinds of mediterranean food--I recommend the steak or the paella (the wait isn't too bad). Teresa's is Italian. The bruschetta is a must, and all the pastas are good, but the one with shrimp and scallops is my favorite. 

Catherine from Cranford, New Jersey

Personally, I like 25 Burgers for their burgers and fries (http://25burgers.com/).   They have three locations and I have only been to the Linden one, but there is one in Princeton as well.

Another one my coworkers and I frequent is Bordoloi's Indian Fusion http://www.yelp.com/biz/bordolois-indian-fusion-plainsboro).   It's in a shopping center in the main area of Plainsboro.   VERY tasty Indian food and for a good price!

Finally, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Asian Bistro, over in Princeton Junction (http://www.yelp.com/biz/asian-bistro-princeton-junction).   A wide variety to choose from and not typical items either that you find at every other shop.

Of course, there are a lot more and many different types on the main drag, but those three really appeal to me in terms of price, atmosphere, and location.

1. 25 Burgers (restaurant)
  2. Bordoloi's Indian Fusion (restaurant)
  3. Asian Bistro (restaurant)