Bruce
Belfast

Prague

What should I do with just two days in Prague???

Long story short a college mate of mine is getting married at his fiancee's family farm just outside of Prague next month. I'm going but I can only spend the weekend there before having to get back home for work and the wedding is super last minute so I've been caught a bit off guard. Can someone help me organize the two days so I don't waste time? I know I should see the Charles Bridge and Wenceslas Square but that's about it. I really appreciate any help you can give. 

The Prague Castle is also close to the St. Nicholas' Church, so you can enjoy those both in one day and have a nice dinner along the Malostranske Namesti by the church. There are a ton of great restaurants there and on the way to the Charles Bridge. If you have time and enjoy oddities, stop by the Franz Kafka Museum (also on this side of the river) and check out the bizarre fountain in front. This entire area is great place just to wander around. Also on this side of the river, but further down is the infamous The Lennon Wall which is really not a huge deal, but fun if you're a fan.

On a second day, explore the other side of the river and see, of course, the famous Astronomical Clock at the Old Town Square. This is the area to peruse for souvenirs (crystal, puppets, old Russian hats and nesting dolls, ets...).  You're also in walking distance of the Old Jewish Quarter in Prague which is nice to see. Check out the Jewish Museum in Prague which isn't a single museum, but an collective that uses the old Synagogues of Prague to tell the story of the people and culture. It's really nicely done, but not so intensive that you can't fit it in an afternoon. Don't miss the Spanish Synagogue and the Jewish Cemetery. For cake and coffee hit the Bakeshop nearby.

Wenceslas Square is an easy Metro ride from the Old Town Square and can easily fit into either day. It's a huge area with shopping and the National Museum of Prague at one end. It's historically significant, but not as "pretty" or interesting as the older parts of Prague that I mentioned earlier.

1. Prague Castle (attraction)
  2. St. Nicholas' Church (attraction)
  3. Malostranske Namesti (attraction)
  4. Charles Bridge (attraction)
  5. Franz Kafka Museum (attraction)
  6. The Lennon Wall (attraction)
  7. Astronomical Clock (attraction)
  8. Old Town Square (attraction)
  9. Jewish Museum in Prague (attraction)
  10. Spanish Synagogue (attraction)
  11. Jewish Cemetery (attraction)
  12. Bakeshop (restaurant)
  13. Wenceslas Square (attraction)
  14. National Museum (attraction)

Todd from Boston

You should definitely go up to Prague Castle as well as Letná Park for the best views of the city. Eat at Kozlovna Apropos, drink at Tretter's and Sidedoor

1. Prague Castle (attraction)
  2. Letná Park (attraction)
  3. Kozlovna Apropos (restaurant)
  4. Tretter's (attraction)
  5. Sidedoor (attraction)

mona from Fayetteville

You won't have much time to leave the city although there is tons to see in Prague.  The castle and the old Jewish Cemetery are nice also.  There are many art museums in and around the square...if you are lucky there may be a festival there also.

1. Jewish Cemetery (attraction)