Bridget
Brooklyn

Prague

Unmissable nightlife: Prague

Visiting Prague in November and looking for some recommendations on hip, artsy, and off the-beaten-path nightlife spots (bars/clubs/venues/etc.). Trying to avoid tourist traps -- more interested in fun dives with good music.

Jennifer from Austin (Texas)

For the truly artsy/hipster scene, check out Klubovna 2.Patro (http://www.2patro.cz/) Great DJs, cocktails and events! 

Also try Palác Akropolis (http://www.palacakropolis.cz/) for a true 'underground' scene and great live acts, Black Angel's Bar Prague (basement/speakeasy style bar below the old town square), and Radost FX

1. Klubovna 2.Patro (attraction)
  2. Palác Akropolis (attraction)
  3. Black Angel's Bar Prague (restaurant)
  4. Radost FX (attraction)

Ben from London

Within the centre in Old Town Square by Staroměstská there's a cool bar that spirals downwards called Chapeau Rouge that is fun.  Nearer the Pražský orloj is Cafe Popo that is a CHEAP cocktail bar.  To get here you have to go in a hostel alleyway but is a good laugh.  It's opposite Double Trouble.

But a bit more out there, you absolutely cannot miss Cross Club.  It's an easy metro ride to Nádraží Holešovice and is an unmissable 'dive' bar I think.  It's also near Mecca which is a proper club nearby

1. Staroměstská (attraction)
  2. Chapeau Rouge (attraction)
  3. Pražský orloj (attraction)
  4. Double Trouble (restaurant)
  5. Cross Club (attraction)
  6. Nádraží Holešovice (attraction)
  7. Mecca (attraction)

Tereza from Prague

Hi Bridget!

As mentioned before, Cross ClubPalác Akropolis or Radost FX are great spots if you wanna dance the night away. And if you prefer just to go for a drink, then definitely try Parlour or Hemingway Bar. And let me know :-)

Have fun in Prague,
Tereza

1. Cross Club (attraction)
  2. Palác Akropolis (attraction)
  3. Radost FX (attraction)
  4. Parlour (restaurant)
  5. Hemingway Bar (restaurant)

Danielle from Toronto

I really liked Vinárna U Sudu. We walked past it many times thinking it was a tiny bar (when you look in the front entrance, you only see a small bar to the left with about 8 stools to the right). 

After checking it out, we realized that you can go underground about 3 levels and there's several different rooms - all very cave-like with stone walls. 

I can't comment on the music (I don't really remember!) but this is a bit outside of the 'touristy' area and in my opinion a hidden gem. Plus the beer and wine are about $1 USD! 

1. Vinárna U Sudu (restaurant)

Antoine from Ħal Balzan, Malta

I would recommend the Cloud 9 Sky Bar & Lounge on top of the Hilton which is a great place for Saturday nights. Some like the music on offer at Lucerna Music Bar but I would follow the already recommended Palác Akropoliswhich is excellent 

1. Cloud 9 Sky Bar & Lounge (attraction)
  2. Lucerna Music Bar (restaurant)
  3. Palác Akropolis (attraction)