Jordan
Bournemouth

Prague

Must see's & things to do in Prague!

Me & my girlfriend might be headed to Prague in late November/early December and would like to know what the must-see & must-do's are! 

I would also love recommendations on where to stay. Having said that I will probably rent a place from Airbnb but if there's a brilliant hotel around then I would consider it. 

We will probably be in Prague for around 3-5 days. I would love to soak up the architecture, design and history. We are open to anything and would just like to truly experience the best Prague has to offer. 

Budget is irrelevant as if something is a must do then we will do it! 

Thank you in advance for anyone who answers! The more detailed you can be the better! 

Jordan. 

norman from New Orleans

Recommend, Old Town Square, and Charles Bridge, and cross the river to to St. Vitus Cathedral, and Prague Castle. just follow the rowed and the crowed.

1. Old Town Square (attraction)
  2. Charles Bridge (attraction)
  3. St. Vitus Cathedral (attraction)
  4. Prague Castle (attraction)

Hi Jordan, 

I sound like a broken record but I have three good tips for you. I would definitely stay at Residence Karolina - Prague City Apartments. I was shocked at how reasonably priced this place was. I tend to stay in more expensive really nice places with amenities. This place has apartments. It is secure, has an entry hall with a closet, living room with dish tv, dining room, full kitchen and one bedroom with lovely linens. The bathroom was fabulous and it had a washer/dryer. It's about a five minute walk to the bridge. 

Second tip is the Pivní Lázně Spa Beerland. You enter through an upscale hotel and head down to the spa. They have a room with two big beautiful bathtubs filled with hops and a magical brew. You soak for 45 minutes and enjoy an unlimited double tap of delicious Czech beer before being rolled up in warm linens so the hops can sink in to your skin. Magical and great after a long cold day of sight seeing. 

Third, do a segue tour of the city. It's fun and you will cover am amazing amount t of stuff you would never see on your own. Enjoy!

Hi Jordan,

Prague is a very beautiful city and will be even more beautiful in icy Winter. Most of the areas you will want to see are located in the Old Town or Malá Strana (lesser town) The Charles Bridge connects both. I suggest you look for accommodation near the Charles Bridge. Last week I stayed in a small, charming 12 room hotel called Residence U Černého Orla literally steps from the bridge but quiet enough to sleep at night. For me the must-see places were:

Prague Castle 

Loreta Praha

3. Palace Gardens

4. Pražský orloj

5. Charles Bridge And especially the viewing tower.

6. National Museum

7. John Lennon Wall

There are plenty of walking and segue tours and definitely spend some time walking in (and down from) the Castle district. The views of the city and river are phenomenal. Make some time to check out a brewery or two and taste the wonderful Czech beer. The Monastery brewery is really good! The music scene in Prague is diverse and wonderful. From Jazz to Classical, Opera, Electronic and Pop you will find a venue that serves good food, drink and music by walking around the streets of the old town. There are lots of smaller museums devoted to Czech literature like the Kafka Museum that are worth a look. Overall Prague is a laid-back, architecturally stunning city that you will get the most from by walking around and enjoying the little cafes, bars and wonderful buildings.

1. Old Town (attraction)
  2. Malá Strana (attraction)
  3. Charles Bridge (attraction)
  4. Residence U Černého Orla (restaurant)
  5. Prague Castle (attraction)
  6. Loreta Praha (attraction)
  7. Palace Gardens (attraction)
  8. Pražský orloj (attraction)
  9. National Museum (attraction)
  10. John Lennon Wall (attraction)
  11. Kafka Museum (attraction)