abi
Egypt

Prague

Is a week too long in Prague?

were visiting Prague for a week for the first time, is a week too long or are there other cities around that we should include in our mix? 

Anna from Athens

I think 3-4 days are enough to see Prague. You can add Karlovy Vary and the new "it" place Cesky Krumlov in the mix!

1. Karlovy Vary (city)
  2. Cesky Krumlov (city)

Oleg from Moscow

I'd say definitely not too long. I've spent a week in Prague on more than one occasion (in 2007, 2009, and 2010), each time was very enjoyable.

Even if you don't take any other trips, there's a ton to see in Prague itself. And on the off-chance you get bored, you can always scout out the neighboring towns like Tabor and Kutna HoraCesky Krumlov is definitely a must-see, as long as you don't mind the 2.5-hour trip. 

1. Tabor (city)
  2. Kutna Hora (city)
  3. Cesky Krumlov (city)

Ladislav from Brno

It's definitely not long, I spend there 7 years and s till have things to discover. But you can have some day-trips around. Using trains/public buses is cheap and everything can be found online - www.idos.cz.

If you are into cars you can add Mlada Boleslav with Skoda museum. Mentioned Kutna Hora is quite near or you can visit medieval castle in Karlštejn Castle.

1. Mlada Boleslav (city)
  2. Kutna Hora (city)
  3. Karlštejn Castle (attraction)

Hi Abi,

I don't think a week is too long. I spent 4 days in Prague for the first time last autumn, and, although I saw a lot, there were still some things to see and its a nice city to chill in, walk in and in which to visit lots of music venues. I can't wait to go back!

1. Prague (city)

Tereza from Prague

Hi Abi,

there's always something interesting to discover. You won't be bored, no worries...

So if you'd like to visit other cities, I'd recommend also all the mentioned towns and add Hluboka nad Vltavou or Marianske Lazne - these towns are quite far away from Prague but also worth a visit. If you're looking for something closer to Prague, then go to Kutna Hora or Karlstejn...

Just in case you want to get to Kutná Hora from Prague by car and explore hidden streets of this medieval town & off the beaten path places (awesome private scenic view) where tourists usually don't get to see and listen to stories by a local guy who grew up here, then try this: Day Trip to Kutná Hora

Happy travels! 
Tereza

1. Hluboka nad Vltavou (city)
  2. Marianske Lazne (city)
  3. Kutna Hora (city)
  4. Karlstejn (city)