Jennie

Prague

Drinking

What are the best places to eat and drink around the castle are that are really unique and fun?

Ales from Decin

1. U zavěšenýho kafe (restaurant)
  2. U Černého vola (restaurant)

Mark from Spalding

My favorite bar come restaurant on the whole planet is a 10 minute walk from the castle.

Hunt down the Klášterní pivovar Strahov for amazing traditional food and beer brewed on the premises. As you enter the courtyard, look for a small door on your right (ignore the obvious bar on the left) to enter the traditional beer hall.

I have spent far too much time in that place meeting fellow travellers from all over the world. It's not expensive either 

1. Klášterní pivovar Strahov (restaurant)

Tereza from Prague

Hi Jennie!

Prague Castle area is usually crowded and overpriced, nevertheless you can still find good restaurants & bars. I don't know what exactly do you prefer, so here you are some suggestions:

Malostranská beseda offers lunch menu at advantageous prices (on working days from 11,00-13,00).

When it comes to fine dining, Villa Richter Restaurant and Terasa U Zlaté studně are the best options.

For a coffee and dessert head to the Kavárna Nový Svět.

If you prefer a beer and want to experience a REAL Czech pub, go to U Černého vola.

And my personal recommendation is to attend a food tour: http://www.guidilo.com/experiences/detail/czech-cuisine-tour-in-prague 

Should you need any further assistance, just let me know!
Tereza

1. Prague Castle (attraction)
  2. Malostranská beseda (attraction)
  3. Villa Richter Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Terasa U Zlaté studně (restaurant)
  5. Kavárna Nový Svět (restaurant)
  6. U Černého vola (restaurant)