Sierra
Madisonville

Prague

Cool places to stay for a couple of nights in Prague.

Two people, no kids. Walking distance to sites and safe please!

Mary from Leicester

Central historical Prague 1 is as safe to walk as any other large city, including in the USA, and considerably safer than many. Just use normal city commonsense. Any 'risks' are the standards: pickpocketing and petty theft rather than anything worse. So your choice of accomm in the historical centre is really down to your personal preferences (and budget).

My idea of 'cool' may not be yours but I can certainly recommend Hotel U Medvídků , a brewery hotel in an old building just a few minutes' walk from Old Town Square (Staroměstské nám. 1/3). The hotel no longer has its brewery on site (it's elsewhere) but it is clean, comfortable, sensibly-priced and has excellent beer and good Czech food.  :-)

1. Prague 1 (neighborhood)
  2. Hotel U Medvídků (restaurant)
  3. Staroměstské nám. 1/3 (attraction)

Jill

The Four Seasons Hotel Prague is fabulous!

1. Four Seasons Hotel Prague (attraction)

Claudia from New York City

I stayed in Archibald At The Charles Bridge in Mala Strana (Lesser Quarter). It's a four-star hotel with basic amenities, but the breakfast and coffee were amazing. They had a large spread of hot food, bread, cured meat and fresh fruits. It's about a 2-minute walk to John Lennon Wall, a 2-minute walk to Kampa Island and a 2-minute walk to St.Charles Bridge. I had the bridge all to myself before 7 am and before the bridge was swamped by the massive crowd. 

The rooms were beautifully renovated, and my room was very clean and quiet.

1. Archibald At The Charles Bridge (restaurant)

Bruce from Washington, District of Columbia

Most centrally located place is Art Nouveau Palace Hotel Praguel.  It is not cheap, but they serve a wonderful breakfast included in the room price, and is as elegant as most European hotels.  It is about a block from Wenceslas Square and close to all the major sights.

1. Art Nouveau Palace Hotel Prague (restaurant)
  2. Wenceslas Square (attraction)

Aditi from California

Stayed at B&B Hotel Prague-City last summer and would definitely recommend it. Modern & clean hotel, budget-friendly, close to public transport and just 1 stop from the old town. http://www.hotel-bb.com/en/home.htm

1. B&B Hotel Prague-City (hotel)

Hi Sierra,

I stayed in Residence U Černého Orla a few steps from Karlův most    and within walking distance of the Old Town and the Castle. The rooms are quaint with comfortable beds, good linen and a decent restaurant. It's not the cheapest (or the most luxurious) place in Prague but it's good value and very comfortable.

1. Residence U Černého Orla (restaurant)
  2. Karlův most (attraction)
  3. Prague (city)