Gonçalo
Lisbon

Prague

10 hours in Prague, what to do? Where to eat?

Hello,

I'l be in Prague for only 10 hours, before my flight back to Portugal, and I want to have a good feeling about it, in that short period of time.

I definitly want to go back later this year, because Prague is on my bucket list for so long!

I'm travelling on budget, so I want free stuff to do, and cheap place to eat, like where students go.

What places I must go? Where should I lunch?

How should I go from the city center to the airport? How long does it takes?

Thank you all :)

Hi Goncalo,

I'm just back from Prague. I suggest, to save time, get a taxi from the airport. It takes about 30 mins and costs the equivalent of about €20. You can also get the bus from outside and connect with the metro - it's a lot cheaper but takes longer. Ask the taxi driver to drop you off at Charles Bridge 
There are plenty of decent and cheap restaurants around the area just before you cross the bridge. I like the restaurant at Residence U Černého Orla the food is really good and decent value. There is also some very good street food in this area. Walk across the Charles Bridge and up to the top of the tower at the other end for amazing views of the whole city and the river. Follow the crowds to the Old town, see the Pražský orloj and enjoy the vibe of the area. Then walk back across the bridge and up the steep steps to  Prague Castle Checkout Loreta Praha Palace Gardens and chill out with a pint of the wonderful beer brewed at the Monastery Brewery. The airport is super efficient with a security belt at each gate so there are no long queues. Enjoy the trip. Prague is wonderful.

1. Charles Bridge (attraction)
  2. Residence U Černého Orla (restaurant)
  3. Pražský orloj (attraction)
  4. Prague Castle (attraction)
  5. Loreta Praha (attraction)
  6. Palace Gardens (attraction)

Diana

I have been to Prague 1 last month and I have booked "booze night with bottles" and for the next day "bubble football", which was so much fun! They offer variety of activities suitable for everyone, can only reccommend! :)

1. Prague 1 (neighborhood)