Christie
Greece

Christie from Greece asked

Best place to drink beer in Prague?

I would like to recommend me a good alehouse to drink local beer in Prague. 

Thank you in advance!

Prague 1

Lukáš from Prague, Czech Republic

You should visit Restaurace Kolonial. They have great Pilsen tank bear, it is just in the centre of Prague but prices are pretty good! Also there is always more locals than tourists which makes great authentic atmosphere!

1. Restaurace Kolonial (restaurant)
Veronika from Prague

Good drink local is Demínka, Pilsner Urquell Original Restaurant or Vinohradský Parlament. Demínka is very old but very nice :D

Kristina from Los Angeles

Even if you don't stay here, you must go! Sir Toby´s Hostel is the best hidden secret in Prague (they also have very nice hostel rooms if you did want to stay). The people are so nice too which makes the experience even nicer! My favorite beer was Krûsovice!

Amy from Prague

It's hard to go wrong but Pivovarský Dům has a great selection that isn't just the standards. Also, the Prague Beer Museum pub may be touristy but it has SO MANY different beer choices.

1. Pivovarský Dům (attraction)
  2. Prague Beer Museum pub (restaurant)
Kenneth from Germany

Here are my pics that are just a few days old.  UFleku is easy to miss, but has a clock in the front.  Hope you have fun...  I just realized I have 2 trippy accounts.  

Ian from United Kingdom

Tricky; at least in the centre, as most places serve Plzen, Gambrinus, or, less often, Staropramen,

There is a "beer museum" (a pub) which does lots (at least 15-20) of different beers, and you can get a 5- or 10-glass tray of them.  It's on the right hand side of Dlouha as you walk East: Prague Beer Museum pub

1. Prague Beer Museum pub (restaurant)
Kenneth from Germany

Elli,

I live in Bavaria and about 1.5 hrs from PraguePrague...  I was actually just there on Monday...  Now, I've lived a lot of places around the world, and have been here about 3 years.  There are a lot of touristy areas in Prague now.  My first time there was with my wife in 2007 and it was still under the radar, but when I went last week it felt like Oktoberfest with the amount of people on Charles Bridge. 

Remember Plzen is very closeby so the beer there is wonderful too...  You may know this, but Ufleku is the best place I've ever been for beer atmosphere wise.  It's popular for a reason, but I don't know how the crowds are now that Praha is such a destination.  When we were there it was full but not crowded and the help was warm and funny...  But beware they don't stop serving you beer until you leave.  When you finish a beer they bring you a new one, and they bring you a shot of liquor as well.  The food was good, the atmosphere was great and I think it's something you must see in Prague.  Hopefully they kept it the way I remember it, but I never in my life thought Prague would be as busy as I saw it recently...  Also keep in mind, if you are driving they don't just ticket you they clamp your car until you pay the ticket.  Even if it's over just a few mins.  Good luck and I'll post some pics of my trips soon.

Ian
I was there for the last week in October. You're right, it was absolutely packed with tour groups. :(

Christie
Thank you! Can't wait to see your photos! If you also know any other places and restaurants in Prague and especially to eat goulash i would appreciate it! :)

1. Prague (city)
  2. Plzen (city)
sandra

It's pricey, but the beer brewed by the monks living in the monastery which is attached to The Augustine Hotel is absolutely top notch.

1. The Augustine Hotel (restaurant)