Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Poway?

I'm going to be in Poway next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Poway (California)

Lazar from San Diego

Hey Katie!

As you may know San Diego is a pretty spread out place...but I'll give you 3 things to do that are fairly close to you.

1. On your way in to SD from LA stop by Stone Brewing Co. for a delicious SD craft beer in a restaurant like you've never seen before...seriously, the architecture is amazing.

2. While there are many places to hike in the Poway area, the most popular is Potato Chip Rock ...getting a photo of you standing on the famous rock is a must!

3. Need more of a workout?! Stop by Mesa Rim Climbing & Fitness Center and do some rock climbing. I'm a member there and can get you a free day pass!
Obviously there's a lot more to do in the San Diego area but these are a few inexpensive and fun things near you.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

Audrey

Poway is a bedroom community of San Diego and most of the interesting places to see are in San Diego.  There are 15 Museums including Art

plus many free places.  All the beaches are free.  La Jolla has the best

beaches.  If you take a bus into Old Town San Diego, on Sundays there is free entertainment and a lot of Mexican wares.  From Old Town you can bus

to Coronado (California) which is very beautiful.  Lots to see and do but you'll have to

get out of Poway (Dodge) to do it!