Katie from Los Angeles asked

Best free things to do in Potsdam?

I'm going to be in Potsdam next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Potsdam (Germany)

David from Hawthorne (California)

If you have an interest in World War II and the Holocaust, I would recommend visiting the Haus der Wannsee-Konferenz.  It is an excellent documentation center.  If you have the interest and decide to go, try to watch the movie Conspiracy (2001) staring Kenneth Branagh and Stanley Tucci before you go.  It was filmed on location and will give you an excellent introduction to the horrible conference that was held there.

Andreas E.

Go on a boat trip and visit the beautiful parks and gardens. They are amazing, especially in spring.

Fathy from Kafr El Sheikh

1. Sanssouci Palace (attraction)
Andreas E.

Go to the world-famous Park Sanssouci and Neuer Garten with Schloss Cecilienhof, where the Potsdam Conference took place in 1945. Maybe a boat trip to the beautiful surroundings of Potsdam would also be nice. 

1. Park Sanssouci (attraction)
  2. Neuer Garten (attraction)
  3. Schloss Cecilienhof (attraction)

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Contact   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms