aastha
Jaipur

Portugal

Portugal itinerary help and must see places?

Hello...

I am travelling to Italy, Portugal and London in June from India. I am a solo traveller. After doing Italy I plan to take a flight from Pisa to Lisbon.... so 3 nights in Lisbon, then day trips to Obidos, Evora, Sinatra. 

Then from lisbon will be going to Coimbra, stay a night there and move on to Porto, 2 nights at Porto and the a flight from Porto to London.

All my travelling is done by public transport.

I am also interested in learning a skill or art activity or anything else if there is a scope in any of the above places.

Do u think this itinerary is fine? I am flexible in adding or subtracting the days...

Any must see places or experiences or hotels i should try? My budget is open.

Thank you so much in advance... anything and everything would be helpful.

Gonçalo from Lisbon

I would add one more day to visit Cascais, google it, I love the beaches and the little towns, great food and history.

Also if you go from Coimbra to Porto on the regional train, stop one morning / afternoon at Aveiro, It's a wonderful city, where you can try the water channels, watch the nature and eat spend a great day. Please google it :)

You have hundreds of great hotels in Lisbon and Porto, in Coimbra I'm not sure, but I think that Palácio Da Lousã Boutique Hotel is the best.

Try our food, culture and wines, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

Have fun in Portugal, any question just let me know. :=)

1. Cascais (city)
  2. Coimbra (city)
  3. Porto (city)
  4. Aveiro (attraction)
  5. Lisbon (city)
  6. Palácio Da Lousã Boutique Hotel (restaurant)

I think your itenerary sounds good. I work part of the year in Poertugal and travel the country extensively every year and i think your schedule seems quite good.

When In Lisbon I would suggest that you visit the area called Belém which is a very historical part of the city as Vasco da Gama set sails for India from there and the you have many historical monuments there and it's also the birthplace of the portuguese cakes called "pasteis de nata".

The two old part of the city called Bairro Alto and Alfama are also very interesting and if you like modern architecture then Parque das Nações is worth a visit.

in Coimbra you should not miss out on the University of Coimbra which is very nice and UNESCO world heritage. The first kink of Portugal has his tomb inside the pretty Santa Cruz Monastery right in the center of Coimbra and the cafe next door is one of the nicest in town and often has fado nights if you are interested in that.

in Porto I would recommend a boat trip on the river and if you like quirky sights then the Livraria Lello & Irmão bookstore is really cool. Torre dos Clérigos is right across the road from the bookstore and is the most famous landmark in Porto. And if you are a wine lover then try one of the wine tasting tours on the other side of the river where all the worlds port wine is produced. Taylor has a very nice tour of their cellars and you get your tasting on their terrace where you have a great view of the town.

1. Lisbon (city)
  2. Belém (attraction)
  3. Bairro Alto (neighborhood)
  4. Alfama (attraction)
  5. Parque das Nações (attraction)
  6. Coimbra (city)
  7. University of Coimbra (attraction)
  8. Santa Cruz Monastery (attraction)
  9. Porto (city)
  10. Livraria Lello & Irmão (attraction)
  11. Torre dos Clérigos (attraction)
  12. Taylor (attraction)