Ken

Portugal

Portugal family trip

Hi All,

So the wife and I will be taking my parents to Portugal in Feb.  Will be a first for all of us.  We got 10 nights and most likely rent a car.  I'm debating to either A) fly into Lisbon and out of Porto OR B) drive clockwise from Lisbon along the coast to Porto and take the inland back.  The first option would mean missing places like Monsanto.  Also my parents are not the most mobile folks (ie no hiking) and not beach people.  For now we're thinking:

Lisbon: 4 nights

Coimbra: 2 nights

Porto: 3 nights

Evora: 1 night

Not sure if Feb weather should play a part in decision.  For now, it seems like a very nicely paced itinerary, but would love to hear your expert feedback.  Thanks in advance!

Ken

António

Hi.
On your way to Coimbra, you should pass in Óbidos Municipality and Alcobaca. See the beaches of Sao Martinho do Porto, Foz do Arelho,Nazaré, beautiful. I think the Costa Oeste of Portugal is one of the hidden treasures of Portugal.
Check our blog, has some ideas for Lisbon and Porto, we hope it can help you:
http://nonstopfamily1.blogspot.pt/

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. Have a great trip

1. Coimbra (city)
  2. Óbidos Municipality (attraction)
  3. Alcobaca (city)
  4. Sao Martinho do Porto (city)
  5. Foz do Arelho (city)
  6. Nazaré (attraction)
  7. Lisbon (city)
  8. Porto (city)

Gonçalo from Lisbon

Hello, 

The question is exactly what do you like to see/experience when you travel. 

I would definitely spend 1 night in Aveiro, it's an amazing city with a lot to offer and see. Google it. 

Monsanto is really nice, but it will be difficult to you parents to move around, but you should definitely visit.  

1. Aveiro (attraction)
  2. Monsanto (attraction)