Melody
New York, New York

Portugal, Spain, Southern France, Italy

Must Dos and Sees?

I will be spending a month traveling through Portugal, Spain, Southern France and Italy.  I am wondering what are some things that I should not miss along the way?

JR from Manhattan Beach

outside of Lisbon there are some good places to see. I'd second the Cascais idea. It's coastal beach/fishing town worth seeing if you head that way. Also, Sintra has some amazing views and epic photo opps with the castles. in sintra we rented electric bikes and rode them around the moutain roads. That was a cool way to see the landscape and I'd do that again for sure. And if youre out that way and have transportation a trip out to the Cabo da Roca (westernmost point in Europe) to say you were there, but tbh there isn't much to do out there other than take in the view. 

1. Lisbon (city)
  2. Cascais (city)
  3. Sintra (attraction)
  4. Cabo da Roca (attraction)

Laura from Buenos Aires

In Portugal you should visit Lisbon and Porto for sure. they are beautiful cities.

You can also go to Andalucía and visit Cordoba (Spain)Granada and Seville, then continue to Barcelona on your way to France, going through Madrid or not. It depends on your times. 

I've never been to the south of France but in Italy you shouldn't miss RomeFlorence and Venice

1. Lisbon (city)
  2. Porto (city)
  3. Andalucía (state)
  4. Cordoba (Spain) (city)
  5. Granada (city)
  6. Seville (city)
  7. Barcelona (city)
  8. Madrid (city)

Bianca from Miami

Obidos is worth a trip! A cute little town and they have a chocolate festival in the spring! A little ways outside of Lisbon is Cascais which is a small beach town that I absolutely loved. 

1. Obidos (city)
  2. Lisbon (city)
  3. Cascais (city)