Stephanie

Stephanie from Los Angeles asked

Best cities/towns in Portugal during July?

I'm planning a long weekend trip to Portugal this July with a friend and I'd love some recommended towns/sights/places. Thanks!

Portugal

Brew from Manhattan Beach

Lisbon is a fantastic city and very underrated when you compare its popularity versus other European cities.  Staying in Lisbon is great, I was there in July and stayed in Cascais which is a beach town with a great historic section, lots of bars and restaurants, that is easily accessible to Lisbon (about an hour by train).  A fantastic place in and of itself, but also convenient to Lisbon and some other places. I'd also highly recommend a day trip to Sintra which is a fantastic place (Unesco world heritage site).  If you make it to Sintra, definitely visit the Pena National Palace

1. Lisbon (city)
  2. Cascais (city)
  3. Sintra (attraction)
  4. Pena National Palace (attraction)
Mandy from Berlin

Lisbon is a must, beautiful city! And you could go to Porto, another very nice city in the north, it's a bit smaller than Lisbon, very charming. And they have port wine there. ;) 

1. Lisbon (city)
  2. Porto (city)