Jahn
Barcelona

Porto

Must See List in Porto for a 4 day trip, hidden gems included

We are a family of three. Classic wife, husband and toddler (2 years old) combination. We would like to discover Porto and its sights. What else can we do besides visiting Sandemann's? Any hidden gems you know?

To describe my budget... A typical meal out will cost us between 35 and 60 €. We are okay with that :-) I would not spend more than 2 € for a coffee. I'd rather brew my own in the airbnb flat we are staying at...

I would first of all recommend that you visit another place than Caves Sandeman & C..

It's located right on the harbor front where the tour busses can stop and because of that they get truck loads of tourists and the tour is not as good as some of the other tours in my opinion.

Caves Taylor's has a better tour and you taste some better port there and they have a super nice restaurant with a fantastic view over the city if you are looking for a good place for dinner.

I would also recommend a visit to one of the most unique bookstores in the world.

It's called Lello Bookstore and is right across the road from the Torre dos Clérigos which is also a must in my opinion.

And pop by the São Bento Railway Station which is decorated with some really nice portuguese tiles.

1. Caves Sandeman & C. (attraction)
  2. Caves Taylor's (attraction)
  3. Lello Bookstore (attraction)
  4. Torre dos Clérigos (attraction)
  5. São Bento Railway Station (attraction)

Jahn from Barcelona

Okay, as Debbie begged, a little update on my trip to Porto.

For food I just loved Taberna Galeria de Paris. Every lunch was a perfect happening.

If in the need of something sweet afterwards Leitaria da Quinta do Paço is around the corner and has the best Eclairs in the world (street address is: Praça de Guilherme Gomes Fernandes 47).

My afternoon beer has been taken Café Candelabro. Stylish.

If you need a local specialty and are really, really hungry, try Francesinha Restaurante Capa Negra II

Every evening we loved our rural fisherman feel in Afurada. Favorite grill restaurant stays Casa do Pescador.

The Taylor port tour was the best!

Enjoy Porto!!!

1. Taberna Galeria de Paris (restaurant)
  2. Café Candelabro (attraction)
  3. Restaurante Capa Negra II (attraction)
  4. Taylor (attraction)
  5. Leitaria da Quinta do Paço (restaurant)
  6. Casa do Pescador (attraction)

Jahn from Barcelona

Hi Everybody!

After discovering all the gems in Porto, I created a little map, try it out:

Porto Map on Google

If you think it would be worth it to put it on trippy, like my post and I will add the details here ;-)