Ed
Seattle

Porto

Best hotels and restaurants

What are the best hotels and restaurants in Porto?

Jahn from Barcelona

Hi Ed!

Just been there last summer... This would be my recap:

For food I just loved Taberna Galeria de Paris. Every lunch was a perfect happening.

If in the need of something sweet afterwards Leitaria da Quinta do Paço is around the corner and has the best Eclairs in the world.

My afternoon beer has been taken Café Candelabro. Stylish.

If you need a local specialty and are really, really hungry, try Francesinha Restaurante Capa Negra II.

Every evening we loved our rural fisherman feel in Afurada. Favorite grill restaurant is Casa do Pescador.

The Taylor port tour was the best!

Enjoy Porto:

1. Taberna Galeria de Paris (restaurant)
  2. Leitaria da Quinta do Paço (restaurant)
  3. Café Candelabro (attraction)
  4. Restaurante Capa Negra II (attraction)
  5. Casa do Pescador (attraction)
  6. Taylor (attraction)
  7. Porto (city)

Kamel from Paris

Hi Ed, i could recommand you a nice restaurant i have been in Porto

called Galeria de Paris

1. Galeria de Paris (restaurant)

Letizia

A very good Hotel in Porto is Hotel Carris Porto Ribeira and its Restaurant; another good Restaurant and very elegant next to the Hotel  Carris Porto RIbeira, the name is Pimms Cafe Restaurante! I've been there last year  

1. Hotel Carris Porto Ribeira (hotel)
  2. Pimms Cafe Restaurante (restaurant)

John

I stayed at the Hotel Vila Gale Porto which was nice but not in the center of things which in Porto I don't think is very important because there is a a subway and you can walk. I remember eating near Luís I Bridge across the river in Vila Nova de Gaia, which I liked.There was a decent looking restaurant across from the hotel and a supermarket !

1. Hotel Vila Gale Porto (hotel)
  2. Luís I Bridge (attraction)

Laura from Buenos Aires

I won't say that it is the best hotel but I've stayed in the Vera Cruz Hotel, it's OK and very well located. 

1. Vera Cruz Hotel (hotel)

Josh from New Orleans

It's been 9 yrs so all this with a grain.  We stayed at the Westin and it was wonderful.  As for restaurants we had one notable one we went to I believed was Dom Tonho - Restaurante e Bar, Lda. Absolutely fabulous.  At least where Tonho is today is where we had our best meal.  As for the port houses Taylor and Graham were great, Sandemans lacked substance but the Calem...must try the Calem wonderful port house.

1. Dom Tonho - Restaurante e Bar, Lda. (restaurant)

Joao from Porto

You can't leave Porto without trying a Francesinhas da Rasa and Café Santiago. Thank me later.

1. Francesinhas da Rasa (restaurant)
  2. Café Santiago (restaurant)

Yoko

I totally recommend the Gallery Hostel Porto in Porto! It's called hostel, but trust me, the private rooms can easily pass for a hotel. Friendly staff and beautiful building, with a lot of art as well. Not the typical party hostel at all, but very stylish yet laidback atmosphere.

1. Gallery Hostel Porto (hotel)

Izabel from Lisbon

In my opinion the Hotel Tiara Park Atlantic Porto, the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa and the HOTEL INFANTE SAGRES are great choices of hotels to stay in Porto. The Taberna Merchant is a tasty experience during your trip, if you want something more typical go to Cais da Ribeira and eat a "francezinha" accompanied by sangria and house wine.

I Hope this helped a little bit, if you need to plan any other aspect of your trip, don´t hesitate to send me a e-mail.

izabel@tiptravelinportugal.com

1. Hotel Tiara Park Atlantic Porto (hotel)
  2. Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa (hotel)
  3. HOTEL INFANTE SAGRES (hotel)
  4. Cais da Ribeira (attraction)