Karyn
San Mateo

Karyn from San Mateo asked

We are looking for a scenic route with points of interest

We are driving an RV from Portland, OR to Oklahoma City. We are looking for a scenic route and interesting places to stop along the way. We are planning to make this more about the journey than driving straight through.

Portland Oklahoma City

Mickie
It depends on your route, but I would highly suggest visiting Moab, Utah, Rocky Mt National Park (Estes Park, Co), Red Rocks (Denver, Co). Once you leave Denver the drive is a little on the boring side if you're taking I-70 E to 40. If you want a more scenic route taking I-25 into New Mexico might interest you. Try to plan around rush hour taking either direction out of Denver.

Jason
I would recommend the I-25 south out of Denver into New Mexico then east to the Capulin Volcano National Monument. From there you have a couple of options but if you've never seen it, take Hwy 412 through the Oklahoma panhandle east. You will understand why it was no man's land and none of the states around wanted to claim it.