Tiffany
Corvallis

Portland

What are kitchy new foodtrucks/restaurants/cafes/bakeries that I should try?

I grew up in Portland, so I know the old standards and have seen all the touristy stuff. I'm heading "home" and want to know what's new. 

Mary from Bozeman

Try The Huckleberry Pub in NW Portland - it's a great new place run by a guy who used to have a really popular food cart (Eat This!). Great menu, bar, local stuff.  

1. The Huckleberry Pub (attraction)

Annemarie from New York City

You might know this one already, but I was just in Portland and all of my friends were really excited about the Lardo restaurant. This is either a new branch of an old favorite, or the solid location of a food truck, or something along those lines. The food was delicious, and all of my local friends could not stop talking about it. Worth a visit.

I had my last meal in town at Clyde Common, inside the Ace Hotel. It was crowded, mostly with New Yorkers, which was sort of a drag because I came to Portland to escape New Yorkers, but the food was fantastic, specifically the cavatelli and bacon entrees. And the homemade sodas were great, too.

1. Lardo (restaurant)
  2. Clyde Common (restaurant)

Kenin from Florida

I'm not sure how old these places are but you absolutely have to enjoy a  Voodoo Doughnuts and enjoy a bite to eat at  Salvador Molly's

1. Voodoo Doughnuts (restaurant)
  2. Salvador Molly's (restaurant)

Will from Portland

If you like Mexican food you have to stop in Mi Mero Mole  The have amazing food that is not you standard Mexican restaurant food.  Everything I have tried was fantastic.

1. Mi Mero Mole (attraction)