Cheryl

Portland

One day and one night in Portland

We will be traveling up the PCH, and like the outdoors and pretty scenery. Should we stay on the outskirts of Portland? Must sees in this short time? Not interested in museums, shopping, etc. Moderate hotel (under $150) hotel in pretty location? Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Since you are already driving through the Pacific NW by car, I would strongly recommend you stay downtown for your short visit to Portland.  Portland is best known for its lively and enjoyable urban scene.  The NW neighborhood is a great base for urban exploration and is in one of the most attractive downtown neighborhoods.  There is a newly-opend upper-end Hostel/Guesthouse called The Northwest Portland Hotsel & Guesthouse.  Great value and vibe for all ages and tastes.  Price for stay ranges from $30 to $120.   Fun place and people who run the place have great recommendations for things to do. 

Sissi

Hi Dear,

To stay in your budget My advice is to be at Econo Lodge City Center

Portland, OR – Show on map (In the city center).

My Best

1. Econo Lodge City Center (hotel)