Andreas
Manhattan

Portland (Maine)

Places to stay in Portland

Portland, Maine, that is.  I was thinking of taking a little weekend getaway there with my fiance, and she tends to like small, boutique hotels.  Any suggestions on where to stay?

Andrew from Minneapolis

If you're looking for a more personal experience, stay in The Inn at Parkspring. It's a small and cozy bed and breakfast, just a short walk from all of the action.

For a more luxurious (yet affordable) place to stay in Portland, check out Portland Regency Hotel & Spa, especially the spa part for a day of relaxation.

Another good one is Portland Harbor Hotel. Aptly named, this hotel is located on Portland's Old Port. Easy access to everything around town and a great view of the harbor.

1. The Inn at Parkspring (hotel)
  2. Portland Regency Hotel & Spa (hotel)
  3. Portland Harbor Hotel (hotel)

Matt from Portland (Maine)

Can't go wrong with the Portland Regency Hotel & Spa, locally owned

1. Portland Regency Hotel & Spa (hotel)

Sarah Harju from Massachusetts

Can't help with Portland, b/c I've never stayed overnight in that town, but if you make your way to Kennebunkport, (30 miles south) Maine Stay Inn and Cottages is a gorgeous bed and breakfast. My husband took me there on our 5 year anniversary and I'd love to go back. Very romantic! http://mainestayinn.com/

1. Maine Stay Inn and Cottages (hotel)