Amy
Tucker

Portland

Looking for recommendations for great restaurants, winery tastings, etc.?

I'll be in the northwest for the first time at the end of this month for a week.  I will be in Portland for the beginning of the stay and then Scio for the end.  I am hoping to find great deals on awesome restaurants, love seafood, oysters, grilled artichokes... etc.  I am hoping for really good happy hours and would also like the best wineries to taste and hopefully in the same area.  Staying with two different friends who I guess will be driving me around.  Anything cool to do near the beach also would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Michael from San Francisco

My two favorite things!!

One of my favorite wineries is Domaine Drouhin.  Beautiful winery with a fantastic view and outdoor sitting area.  Their Pinot Noirs are made in the traditional french Burgundian style.  If I was only going to visit one winery in Portland, this would be it.

Another good one would be Rex Hill Vineyards.  Nice tasting room and very good Pinot Noirs as well.

Pok Pokis an amazing Thai restaurant. The Thai food here will change what you think you know about Thai food.  The bad part?  No reservations and lines get long.  However! They own the bar across the street, so have a few drinks while you wait!

Toro Bravois another amazing restaurant serving up amazing Spanish tapas.  A great spot to come to after wine tasting.

I don't really have a sweet tooth, but my carb and sugar loving friends all insist on going to Voodoo Doughnut.

Enjoy!!

1. Rex Hill Vineyards (attraction)
  2. Pok Pok (restaurant)
  3. Toro Bravo (restaurant)
  4. Voodoo Doughnut (restaurant)
  5. Domaine Drouhin (attraction)