Beverly
San Luis Obispo

Portland

Cute shopping neighborhoods

I'm going home to Portland with my boyfriend this month (for the first time!) and would love to do my shopping up there, both for xmas and for myself. Any cute neighborhoods that are especially good for shopping?  I like antiques and cute clothing and accessories stores.

peter from Seattle

The Sellwood Neighborhood is the place for antiques - i'd also recco the Mississippi Neighborhood district. definitely check out a McMenamins Edgefield (kennedy school or edgefield)

1. Sellwood Neighborhood (neighborhood)
  2. Mississippi Neighborhood (neighborhood)
  3. McMenamins Edgefield (hotel)

Shannon from Portland

Definitely head over to NW 23rd Ave - great boutiques and quirky little shops line the street and it's great during the holidays. Grab a coffee and check things out!

1. NW 23rd Ave (attraction)

Lissa from Portland

There are bunches of neighborhoods all over the city, Beverly, that will fill the bill!  The top two that come to mind are Sellwood, along SE 13th Ave. north of SE Tacoma and also the Stars Antiques Malls on SE Milwaukie Ave near SE Bybee Blvd.  And then there's Multnomah Village! along SW Capitol Hwy., which is light on antiques but has a great bookstore, some quirky retail and good eateries.

There's also Lake Oswego, a bit south of the city; the main shopping is near SW 1st St. and A Ave.  There are more retails shops there than antiques stores, but it's fun and charming and there's an underground garage near Millennium Plaza City Park on the lake.

The most famous Portland shopping area is NW 23rd Street above Burnside, and it's a mega destination for the dedicated, but I find it very crowded most times of year, and especially during the holidays.  If you go, be prepared to park a good distance away (but you can also take the street car right to it….)

1. Lake Oswego (city)
  2. Multnomah Village! (attraction)
  3. Stars Antiques Malls (attraction)

Melanie from Oregon

Along with those mentioned also try to make a stop on Hawthorne Street. Oregon City also has some great antique stores! Have fun!

1. Hawthorne Street (attraction)

Derek

The Alberta Arts District is full of cool little independent shops. There is a lot of local arts and crafts for sale in this district. I'd also check out the Alberta Farmers Market. Have fun!

1. Alberta Arts District (neighborhood)
  2. Alberta Farmers Market (attraction)