Bonnie
United States

Bonnie from United States asked

Fun summer activities in the northeast?

We're looking for fun activities in the northeast for a weekend trip. We were thinking Portland, Maine or Rhode Island. Any ideas? 

Portland (Maine)   Narragansett

Melissa from Massachusetts

I LOVE Portland - it's such a fun city, and definitely worth a weekend trip no matter what sorts of things interest you!  If you like art, a morning or afternoon at the Portland Museum of Art is well worth it - the collection is small enough that it's doable in a day, but big enough to be worth the price of admission. 

Just outside of town, take a visit to the Cape Elizabeth Light for pretty views over the water. And grab a lobster roll while you're out there are The Lobster Shack.

From within Portland itself, you can take boat rides or wander around town and duck into all of the adorable boutiques and shops that line many of the main streets.

And if you like to eat, you can't go wrong. I could spend all day listing great places for food in Portland, but I'll limit myself to a few here: DuckfatThe Gelato Fiasco Old PortPaciarinoMiyakeBodaBard Coffee, and Two Fat Cats.

There's more to do and see there, but I'll stop here - definitely make a trip, though, and enjoy!!!

1. Portland Museum of Art (attraction)
  2. Cape Elizabeth Light (attraction)
  3. The Lobster Shack (restaurant)
  4. Duckfat (restaurant)
  5. The Gelato Fiasco Old Port (restaurant)
  6. Paciarino (restaurant)
  7. Miyake (restaurant)
  8. Boda (restaurant)
  9. Bard Coffee (restaurant)
  10. Two Fat Cats (restaurant)