Aphtyn
Durham, Maine

Aphtyn from Durham, Maine asked

Cheap bus lines (roundtrip) from Portland, Maine to New York, NY.

Trying to find tickets for roundtrip to New York from Portland, Maine. My boyfriend and I are planning a day trip to New York for Christmas break. I'm hoping to not spend more than $70 for the 2 tickets combined. What bus lines are the best? most comfortable? cleanest? and most importantly, the cheapest? Any help would be appreciated :)

Portland (Maine)   New York City (New York)

Theresa from Hollywood

Hmm, I think Megabus is a good option. It looks like you'll have to connect in Boston, but it would fit your budget (depending on the dates/times).

Megabus is a double-decker bus that's pretty nice. They have restrooms on board, and usually working wi-fi. It's a budget bus, so it's not necessarily the most comfortable ride of your life...but if money is the big concern, then it's a great choice.