Steve
Sutton Coldfield

Poland

Two Weeks in Poland, what are the best things to do?

I am looking to spend two weeks traveling solo in Poland during June. What places should i visit?

Marcin from Cincinnati

Here is my list:

1. Zakopane - must have, great mountains and very unique people (highlanders)

2. Mazury - great lake region with many lakes scattered across beautiful area.

3. Wieliczka - salt mine close to Krąków with one of 3 in the world salt cathedral.

4. If you like cities Krąków and Warsaw will be your no.1 spots.

5. I would highly recommend to either visit European bison at the park in Bialowieza (http://bpn.com.pl) or swim on the wooden raft at the Dunajec river (http://www.discoverzakopane.com/rafting.html).

There is also a ton of old castles if you are into it.

Marcin

1. Zakopane (city)
  2. Mazury (city)
  3. Wieliczka (city)
  4. Krąków (city)
  5. Warsaw (city)

Lola from Leitrim

I have being to Krakow in Poland. It's a beautiful city full of history. I recommend stopping here for a few days. There are good pubs, restaurants and shops. It is a very affordable city too. 

Not too far from Krakow is Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau. If you have an interest in the history of these, you can take a bus from the city there and it takes about two hours each way. You will probably spend 2-3 hours looking around and reading each exhibit. It's a day activity so just plan on going there that day.

I didn't have time to see other locations but Wroclaw was mentioned to me by a roommate in the flat I stayed. She said it's a bit smaller than Krakow but just as interesting.

Zalipie is suppose to be a very colorful village where all the houses are painted with traditional flower art all over. I really wanted to go there but didn't have time to...next trip :)

If you like the ocean then check out Gdansk. Everyone during the summer seems to go there on long weekend getaways. 

1. Krakow (city)
  2. Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau (attraction)
  3. Wroclaw (city)
  4. Zalipie (city)
  5. Gdansk (city)

Aneta

And what about Gdansk? In my opinion it is one of the most beautiful Polish city. There are many interesting places to visit there and things to do. 
The city is an unique and it has an amazing climate. Besides, the people who live there are very friendly.

1. Gdansk (city)