Daniel
Gangnam-gu

Daniel from Gangnam-gu asked

How's the Internet in Podgorica, Montenegro?

I need to travel to Podgorica, Montenegro soon, and I'd like to know how reliable the Internet is, as I conduct my business online.

How's the Internet in general? Is WiFi generally available? If I book an apartment, say, on Airbnb, am I likely to get reliable WiFi?

Thank you!

Podgorica (Montenegro)

Bojan from Nikšić

Hey Daniel,

Internet is generally reliable most of the time. Some internet providers already offer fiber optic connections up to 100 Mbps, but still the most common connection is ADSL, ranging from 2 to 7 Mbps.

Internet should also be reliable at Airbnb apartments, it should be same as I already mentioned something from 2 to 7 Mbps, an average of 5 Mbps.

Also all mobile operators provide 4G (LTE) connection in Podgorica, and depending on data you need that could also be a good option. 

Most of cafes, pub, restaurants have WiFi hotspots and in most of them you can even find a place where you can charge your laptop while working. 

Nice places to work with WiFi & power outlets:

Enjoy your stay, and reach out to me when you are here.

1. Culture Club Tarantino (restaurant)
  2. Alpe Bar (restaurant)
  3. Zrno (restaurant)