Rob

Playa del Carmen

Places to Stay in Playa del Carmen

So I decided to celebrate my 40th birthday in Playa del Carmen. I will be there Sat Feb 14th - Wed Feb 18th.  

Ideally I'm looking for a place walking distance to all the nightlife, restaurants, beaches, etc. It needs to be a place that can accommodate up to 10 people.  

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of places with availability please let me know. Thanks!

Karen from Stonington

We've had good luck with Bric rentals (sg at bricrentals .com) in the past. A wide variety of properties in town (we prefer just off 5th Ave, everything in PDC is so accessible/walkable -- and it's a little quieter than the main thoroughfare.) You have all of the comforts of home (including a washer/dryer) as we'll as an on call concierge if you have any questions. They even, I recall, gave us a cell phone to use locally. And when we were tired of the beach, we had the pool at our condo to retreat to. For us it was just the right balance of autonomy + care.

Jennifer from Austin (Texas)

Airbnb will be your best bet for a group of that size! I'd recommend to be around 12th street + 5ta Avenida as this is a hub of all nightlife/restaurants/beach clubs :) 

I lived there for almost a year, so if you want more specific tips let me know! 

Al from Mexico

Jennifer Fry is right. You can find a lot of boutique hotels in the center of Playa del Carmen. Just check on TripAdvisor / AirBnB, but be careful. Occupation is currently above 90%- so make sure to pre-book your rooms.