Rob

Playa del Carmen

Fun & Memorable Things To Do?

Ok, so I'm all set for my trip to Playa del Carmen to celebrate my 40th birthday with some friends and family. It's an all guys trip and I'm looking for some suggestions on some fun, unique and memorable things to do to highlight this landmark birthday.  

I'm open to anything from day time to night time activities. I hear the beach clubs during the day are a lot of fun but I would also like to do something active like zip lining, jet skiing or other suggestions that you guys think would be great to make my 40th a memorable birthday.

Ross from Fort Collins

there is so much to do for a guys trip in playa! i am going to suggest a day trip to Tulumyou get ruins on the best beach and there are cenotes to explore also!

1. Tulum (city)

Cristóbal from Puerto Morelos

I would definitely try Alux Restaurant Bar Lounge, which is a one of a kind restaurant in Playa del Carmen. Is a restaurant inside a cenote or a cenote with a restaurant inside... however you see it is just amazing. If you're into zip lining maybe Aventuras Mayas will do for you, they have several different packages and offer discounts when booking online. I'm not into crowds and such things, that's why I always avoid Xplor, Xcaret, Xel-ha and all of the X's parks. But if you are into it you can try that too. For jet skiing almost for sure there will be a place to rent them right beneath your hotel if you're staying in one close to the beach. While you're here maybe you will find appealing to try taking a Scuba Diving course. There's a basic level known as DSD and it costs around 99usd. You can try with Scuba Playa or maybe PHANTOM DIVERS. Again: depends on your hotel, probably there's gonna be a diving store right on it.

Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

Regards!

1. Alux Restaurant Bar Lounge (restaurant)
  2. Aventuras Mayas (attraction)
  3. Scuba Playa (attraction)
  4. PHANTOM DIVERS (attraction)