Sheryl
Wisconsin

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Bringing my car to Mexico from the States

Does anyone know a way to bring my car to Playa del Carmen from the States? Is there a ferry service? Cruise line? I plan on staying for 4 months so really would prefer to bring my own car!

Ross from Fort Collins

You are nuts! You will be able to buy a car in playa for the cost of getting it shipped! Rent a car super cheap or buy a scooter!

Tess from Columbus

Sheryl, long ago there was a ferry to the Yucatan. I hasn't been around for years although now and then, they thought about starting it again. Like another poster said, it would be expensive. First you would have to drive to the Gulf Coast. Be sure to get the proper insurance when in Mexico. You could either rent or buy a car while in Playa. It's such a walkable town that you could get by without a car.

Random from Seattle

Have license will drive.
When do you need your car to be in Playa del Carmen?
I'm reserving January 2015 for a return to Mexico.

Tanya from Mexico

There's a ferry service I think.. Playa del Carmen is really cool! I'm from Mexico!

1. Playa del Carmen (city)